Friday, April 11, 2014

Experimental Mode

I wanted to try some different techniques, so here are some more cards I've made for friends. The last two were made with very specific people and purposes in mind, so they're a bit different from the rest. These have all gone out in the mail; I'll work on the next batch when my grandson goes home - it's a bit hard to work when a three year-old wants to help.



This first set were made to try out different colour combinations and pearl effects and to see if I could get those butterflies to look like stained glass if I mounted them on vellum paper and then popped them up with foam dots to let the light shine through. I think it came out pretty well.



 This next set were made for specific people where I wanted a particular sentiment on the card.

I was also experimenting with colour combinations and embellishments.





These last two were made for my son (the purple one) and a friend I wanted to thank. I love those silver and black swirl stickers. I bought two packs of them and I'm going to do some experimenting to see what effects I can achieve with them.








1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I just spammed your inbox or not but it doesn't appear my other comment posted. But honestly, your cards are inspiring and I love to see what you can do with paper! I am excited to receive mine when it comes. :) I have a love for paper craft. <3

    ReplyDelete